10 Jul 2015

Something Personal



Today I decided to touch down on something a bit more personal and write about a topic I wouldn't usually express my voice upon. However I believe it's something every one lacks from time to time as. It's definitely something which has created many obstacles and hurdles throughout my past and there were times in which I felt like I was the only one. You must remember that no matter what, you are never alone!


To people who don't really know me well, they would probably say I'm a bubbly girl who oozes with confidence but behind doors its a whole different story. I'd love to be the girl who is bursting with confidence and jumps at every opportunity that comes in her way. Being a beauty blogger, I am constantly testing out new products and caking my face in makeup before taking it off with the latest skincare products. At times it seems like I've found my calling but at times I feel like all this makeup is just a way of saying I have no confidence in the way that I look. I know I shouldn't feel this way as we are all beautiful in our own unique ways, however as unfortunate as it is, I'm not always happy within myself which i'm pretty sure goes for most of you reading this post as well. 

"You're fat! You're ugly! You're too skinny! You're not good enough! Ew, look at those spots!' I hate what I look like!" These are all cruel words which we wouldn't even think of mumbling to someone we love and admire, so why do we do it to ourselves as we stand in front of the mirror or look back on photos? It's a very sad thing that many of us torture ourselves on an ongoing basis and spend so much time criticizing ourselves that we forget who we really are. Although these thoughts may seem like they're not anything big, one piece of negativity can rapidly lead to another. It can take so long to push all that negativity out of your mind which in the end leaves us feeling emotionally drained and exhausted. 

One thing that I find with having low self-confidence is that it holds you back from doing the things that you really want to do and it slowly takes over without you even realising. It eventually becomes part of your life and in the end it's hard to endure and accept positive comments from those who know and love us, or even from fellow internet friends. 

Throughout my journey in college, I've had a bit of a wake up call and figured that its okay if i'm having a bad hair day or that its okay if my makeup isn't as flawless as I'd like it to be or its okay that I've got a spot that for some reason still peeks out through my concealer. Just be you is what I have to tell myself on a daily basis to actually allow myself to get up out of bed and out the door. Since working in retail and having to deal with an array of customers on a daily basis, my confidence is on a whole new level to what it was a year ago. It took me a while to get to where I am today but with the right support and the right frame of mind, anything is possible. Never say never!

Just remember: you ARE beautiful! You ARE a wonderful woman/girl/man/boy! Do NOT let anybody dictate your life or who you are as a person. You CAN do anything that you want to do. 

So trap all those bad thoughts in a box, lock the box, shove it to the back of your mind and throw away that key. The temptation may be there, but don't ever open it. If you get more bad thoughts, then a new box will have to be made and the process repeated.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Lots of Love.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!

    It really is so true - I used to get bullied and I actually believed I was ugly.

    I've learnt to see past it now and that nobody is perfect, so we just have to accept our flaws :)

    Tania // www.teabee94.blogspot.co.uk
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah me too lovely:( I think everyone has been through some sort of bullying in their life, it's such a cruel thing! You are beautiful gal, don't ever let anyone tell you different xx

      Delete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS