6 Jul 2015

Are they real..yes they're real


Mascara has got to be the number one beauty product which I can not live without. It is that one product that I can't even leave the house without having a coat or two of it on my lashes as it just makes me look much more awake and put together. I have never really consistently stuck to a certain mascara throughout my makeup loving years, however I do always seem to find myself coming back to the Benefit ones. 
So when I saw that one of my all time favourite mascaras, that being Benefit They're Real, was being released in two new colours, I just HAD to go and pick it up in the brown shade. You can just imagine how excited was when it arrived home with me one day after work. Benefit has always been one of my go to brands for the majority of their products. I have to confess, it's mainly the packaging which draws me in at first, leading to a great bond between myself and that product. 

The original mascara comes in a silver/gun metal tube, however the new one comes in a copper shade tube which I love. I'm all over anything either a) copper or b) rose gold. Practically the same thing to most people, but in my eyes there's definitely a difference. The wand of the brush are made up of tiny plastic bristles which are what I like to use the most. I find that this way, it really helps to coat the lashes and get right into the corners by using the spikey ball at the end. They make the lashes seem very lifted and curled due to being able to get right into the root of the lash. My lashes aren't naturally curled anyways, so I'm over the moon that this gives me the curl that I need. I haven't tested it on my bottom lashes due to not really being a fan of wearing mascara on my bottom lashes as I just don't think it looks right on my eyes. 



The formulation of the mascara is absolutely fab! It applies evenly throughout the lashes, giving them both enough length and enough volume without making them look spidery in the slightest.I tend to find that I am able to use two coats at the maximum to give the effect which I am looking for and feel comfortable with. My eyes look so much more wide and awake once I've applied it. The brown colour also makes my lashes look much more natural and is not as harsh a colour as the original black. Since purchasing it just over a week ago, I have worn it every single day and I think it's safe to say it is my current favourite. 

The only downside to this product is that it does tend to smudge on my eyelids however I think this is mainly due to my very sweaty eyelids. Gross, i know. TMI. On the plus side, this does mean that the mascara is easily removed with a good old cotton pad and eye makeup remover when it comes to removing all that grub at night.

Have you tried this mascara in any of the colours? If so, what are your thoughts?

Lots of Love. 

7 comments:

  1. I’m not a massive fan of this mascara, but I do love their Roller Lash. Would like to try their blue liner though!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, but I do love the roller lash even more. Have only got the sample sizes at the moment however will definitely be purchasing the full size version soon x

      Delete
  2. I bought the black version of this mascara and love it so much, it gives amazing volume and length! I'm definitely repurchasing! I had no idea they had different colours though, the packaging of this is gorgeous! I have the same issue of oily/sweaty eyelids though and find that lots of mascaras transfer onto them, I've only ever found the Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume waterproof mascara which doesn't xx

    http://emmalsrs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new colours have only just came out lovely, you should definitely go and have a look! Theres a brown and a blue one, and the also have new shades in the They're Real Liner! &oooo, i may have to give that one a try xx

      Delete
  3. This is my favourite mascara ever but the only downside i have with it, is that it seems to run out 10x faster than all my other mascaras! However it does make my lashes look amazing, lovely post! x
    http://onthehs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange, I haven't ever found that problem with mine, although I don't tend to use much aha xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your link in the #bblogger chat,
    I love benefit roller lash if I'm honest - but definitely interested in trying this in brown. I'm pale skin and blonde hair so find brown mascara much easier to wear - never realised it had been released in brown!

    Chloe // chloexlogan.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS