22 Jun 2015

Seven Deadly Sins Of Beauty


My Mum says I have a problem when it comes to beauty items, and I agree! I just can't help having to pick up the latest product everyone's raving about, or the ultra cute minis which are great for travelling but I just use at home instead. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only guilty soul around here. So when I eyed this tag up over at the lovely Jasmines blog (p.s she's great so make sure y'all go read her blog) I just couldn't resist the urge of posting my responses to the deadly seven sins of beauty.

GREED: What is your most expensive beauty item? What is your most inexpensive?

My most expensive beauty product would have to be my 90ml YSL Black Opium perfume. It is my current favourite scent and smells like glamour in a bottle. I must say it was definitely the sparkly packaging which made me add it to my basket when it was first released earlier on in the year. Sadly it has almost run out, although that does give me an excuse to head down to Boots and do a bit of shopping. My most inexpensive item is so cliche but it is obviously going to the the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I have noticed it has sneakily going up in price over the past few years, but it is still such a bargain at around the £4 price. How can you not love it?!

WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?

More hair related in the terms of beauty but the hardest product which I just can't find anywhere is the new candyfloss tangleteezer. I do already have 3 of them but how can you resist not buying another. Especially as it's in one of my favourite colours. Big fan. I tend to have a love/hate relationship with foundations. I find that one day they will make me look Beyonce flawless but then other days they just don't tend to sit right or they look too orange toned for my pale face. It's a right pain in the backside at times but not to worry, the hunt for the perfect foundation still continues.

GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
My most delicious smelling products have got to be The Body Shop Body Butters which I think we can all agree smell yummy enough to eat. My favourite scented one is the Almond one which I don't think they stock anymore which makes me want to cry. There's nothing quite like a body butter which is not only very rich and moisturising, but also makes us smell delicious.

SLOTH: What products do you neglect due to laziness?
Two words. Eyeshadow (does that count as one word?) Contour. No way have i got the patience to sit and learn how to apply eyeshadow or how to make my face look slimmer. I literally have tried so many times but just don't have the knack of it and end up giving up after 5 minutes. Perhaps I should attend some sort of masterclass or just buy a ton of the ByTerry Ombre Blackstars for a quick and easy eyeshadow look.

PRIDE: What beauty products give you the most self confidence? 
A bit of an unusual one however for me it has got to be mascara. Never mind some sort of coverage, I just can not get my head around not leaving the house without mascara. I feel bald and hideous without anything on my eyelashes, and it can't be false ones either. Mascara just makes me feel glam and tends to make me look more awake and put together. Probably explains why I go through them so quick. At the moment I am absolutely loving Benefit Roller Lash and Maybelline Lash Sensational.

LUST: What products are you currently lusting after?
HA. If I sat here and explained all the products which I am lusting after we would be here forever. There's just constantly so many new releases which I just can't keep up with. Something from Charlotte Tilbury would be lush as I haven't yet tried anything although I am taking a trip to London in a couple of weeks so I shall be making an appearance in Selfridges at the CT counter, alongside god knows what other beauty counters. Haul anybody? I must remember to also order the new Nars limited edition blush palette which is being released on the 1st July, exclusive to Selfridges. If you haven't seen it yet then make sure to give me a follow on instagram (@momentslikethis7) to have a sneak peek. Please forgive me for the self promo.

ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
It would have to be a Bobbi Brown makeup brush set or something along the lines. My brush collection is ongoing and although I already can't cope with the brush wash load a few more makeup brushes wouldn't go a miss.

I loved taking part in this tag and I would love to see what your responses would be to this. I tag EVERYONE so make sure to leave the links in the comments when you've done the tag.

Lots of Love.

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely do one over on your post girl, would love to see your responses x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS