26 May 2015

Natural Drugstore Makeup






I recently decided to "shop my stash" and dig out some drugstore pieces I haven't used in a while to create a natural makeup look for a day at work. I never used to be that keen on drugstore makeup, especially their mascaras and foundations as I can never find any which fit my sensitive skin needs nor match my skin tone. However it was only till a while ago that I have been loving some newly found pieces from the drugstore.


For my base, I used the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in the shade Ivory which is still a bit too dark for my skin, even though it is one of the lightest. With enough blending, it works though. I managed to pick this up for a bargain of £3 in my local Boots store!! Bargain or what?!  It is one of the most dewiest foundations I have tried in a long time an I am very impressed. I think I may have been turned my drugstore foundations and will definitely have to go back to pick up some more. For my cheeks, I decided to keep it natural by using a light blusher. I used the Seventeen Cheek Stamp blush in a light pink colour. It is such a cool concept in which you swirl a sponge into the powder and then literally stamp it onto the apples of your cheeks and then blend for a flush of colour. I received this as a gift for my birthday and I am pretty amazed by the quality and pigmentation for something which seems like such a gimmicky makeup item. Using the Revlon ColorStay concealer, I went over any blemishes which were still very red and used it for any touch-ups which were needed. I'm not a big fan of it as I find it is quite drying and too thick a consistency to work with especially when using under the eyes meaning that it tends to crease on me.





For mascara I have been absolutely in love with the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara which I discovered when it was first released. It is a dupe for the new Benefit mascara for a fraction of the price. I have quite oily eyelids which means mascara tends to rub off on my eyes, however I have just discovered that there is a waterproof version so as soon as I finish this one which is on its way out, the waterproof one will be heading straight into my basket. I finished off my natural makeup look by doing my brows, although not quite natural as I did use 3 products, oops. I started off by using the Seventeen Brow Kit just to create the outline and shape my brows. I only use a little on my makeup brush as the colour in this is a little too dark for my brows so I also tend to stay away from the wax in this set. It does also come with a brow highlight however there is no pigmentation to it at all which is quite disappointing as it looks a lovely colour in the pan.
 


 
Then to shade in my brows at the beginning of them I used the Soap and Glory Archery Pencil in the lightest shade just to ensure that they don't look too harsh and just to give them a bit of definition. It also comes with a spooley enabling me to brush through my brows as they tend to go all over the place. Lastly, I then use the Rimmel Brow This Way which is basically just a brow gel just to give my brows a bit more colour and again a bit more definition. I'm not sure how I feel on this though. I may have to pick up the lighter shade and see how I get on with that one.


So what drugstore products do you recommend and absolutely love?

Lots of Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS