19 May 2015

Battle Of The Beauty Reward Cards
































Lets be honest! How many of you have a stash of reward cards in your purse ready for when you hit those makeup aisles of doom. Precisely, one for every store that stocks some sort of beauty items. It's an added bonus to be able to collect points with the purchase of products, which once enough has been earned to be redeemed, you can then exchange for something else of your choice. I currently have 5 reward cards sitting in my purse, so here's my thoughts on them, both pros and cons. Take note if your wondering which card is best to sign up for.

Boots Advantage Card: For every £1 you spend in store, you can collect 4 points both online and in store (1 point is the equivalent to 1 penny). I regularly receive vouchers and extra points coupons through the post, which must be due to the fact I am constantly using my points card.They are usually events running through the store aswell such as double or triple points when you spend over a certain amount. If you forget your card whilst in store, you have up to 45 days to return with both your card and receipt to collect those points which are owed. So what's the downside? Unfortunately, part-payments are not accepted with these cards which means you must have enough points to cover your purchase. C'mon Boots, step up the game!

Debenhams Beauty Club Reward Card: In store, you can collect 1 point for every £1 you spend, however online you earn 5 points for every £1. Unlike Boots, you are able to part-pay for items, aswell as being able to collect points at the same time as redeeming them. When you reach a certain amount of points, you are able to receive a £5 bonus through the post, but the downside is that you have to wait until the end of each month for the points to be converted to £'s, with a maximum of £15 allowed to be converted each month. If points are not used within 6 months, then they will expire and not able to be used.

The Body Shop Love Your Body Card: As a big fan of The Body Shop and regularly find myself stumbling through the doors, this has got to be one of my favourites. Instead of receiving points each time you make a purchase in store, you receive a stamp on the back of your card. 4 stamps = a free gift worth u to £5 and 8 stamps = a free gift worth up to £10. However, when the 8 stamps have been filled, you then have to get another card which is quite annoying. In the month of your birthday, you are also able to receive a free birthday gift worth up to £5 which I just picked up the aloe vera lip balm. I did have to pay £5 to get my card, however this is made up by the fact that I receive 10% off whenever I show my card in store.

Space NK N.Dulge Card: Like most other beauty cards, you receive 1 point per £1 you spend in store and online. Once you receive 100 points, you are then gifted with a £5 reward. You are also sent the latest news, product reviews, invitations to events, complementary samples, and a birthday gift. I'm not a big user of this card as the closest store to me is in London which is around a 1 hour train journey away. So if I don't reach 100 points within 12 months, my points will expire.

Superdrug Beauty Card: Aside from the mirror on the front of the card for makeup disasters and emergencies whilst out and about ;) you can again earn 1 point for ever £1 you spend both in store and online. You're able to part pay for items, aswell as earning points whilst redeeming. It can take quite a while to build up on Superdrug points, especially as I tend to do most my beauty shopping in Boots. Downside..if you forget your card on the day then that's just unlucky as there's no way of earning those points back, even with proof of purchase.

The points advantage card is by far my favourite, and it has been for a good couple of years now. I am constantly using it, which is the perks of working opposite a Boots store I guess. Before I even had my own card, I was always using my Mum to collect points whenever possible, then I decided to step up the game and get my very own. So much excitement and one very happy teenager. I hope one day they decide to introduce a part payment system, then all our dreams will come true!

So what's your favourite rewards card? Are there any others I haven't got and need to add to my collection?

Lots of Love.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS